Friday, January 10, 2014

Rudimentary Art

I challenged myself in my last post to start doing art again without worrying about whether or not it's actually good. Last week I hurried off to Hobby Lobby and purchased an $8 set of chalk pastels and a fancy eraser. I already had some paper. The real challenge was deciding what type of art supplies to purchase with my tiny little budget. I would like to get some oil paints some time soon, but I do remember that I enjoyed using pastels in middle school and so that's what I got for now. Using pastels again has been fun, but I remember now that they bother me because it's hard to get very detailed with a big, fat piece of chalk. Here are my little doodles this week. The first jar is very rough, but I only spent about 15 minutes on it. I still kinda like the look of it. The second one I experimented and achieved the wavery glass look that I was going for. The third one I spent a couple of hours doing, but I'm not sure I like it. I think I shouldn't have added the palm branch. I do like how the roses came out, though. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment