Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gratitude

"Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Isn't it strange how even in the most trying times there are things to be thankful for? Even in the very circumstances that we so fervently pray would change. Lately I am so thankful for the gift of a tough marriage. If everything had been smooth sailing all the way through, I might never have become aware of the God-shaped hole in me and become a Christian. Given, I have prayed many times since then that things would get better. They have gotten better in every instance in which I sought to change MYSELF and not my husband. I still do find myself besought by loneliness because I long for someone in the household to share all of these beautiful Catholic things with...and in those times I have to find my consolation in Jesus.

I know that God is working in my marriage, but I must learn to abandon myself to His will. Maybe he is using this circumstance for our greater good. He already has. My job is just to trust, pray and rejoice! 



At least one funny circumstance that I take comfort in is that O and I were married in a Catholic church by a Protestant minister while we were both anti-religious! It's so funny how things work out. I now go to the same church as a Catholic. Jesus was right behind us in the tabernacle witnessing our wedding and we didn't even know it! God is so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment